All Thy Getting
Proverbs 4:1-10 should be read and notice v.7, "Wisdom is the principle thing: therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding." We are doing a lot of getting these days and in our getting, we are leaving out some principle things. Christians are sometimes happy just being saved. The moment of salvation brings new life, new direction, new desires, new enemies, new battles and opens us up to new needs. If all you got and all you want is salvation, you are going to have a miserable, fruitless, empty life. Please read 1 Thess. 5: 1-28 and 2 Peter 1:3-10 and notice there are things that must be added to our faith in order to have a happy, blessed and fruitful life. Consider also the fruit of the Spirit in Gal. 5:22-26. This is necessary for a successful life as a Christian. God had added to our lives all we need to be in the Christian life. 2 Peter 1:3 states that God "hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue:" I would like to give some things we should get in all our getting:
- In all thy getting , get compassion. 1 Thess.5:11,14 ; Jude 20-23; 1Jn.3:17
- In all thy getting, get respect. 1 Thess. 5:12-13 ; 1 Tim. 5:1-21. Respect the Word of God, the Church of God, The Man of God, The People of God, The Spirit of God.
- In all thy getting, get Boldness and patience, 1 Thess.5:14 ; Eph.4:2-3; Heb.10:36 ; James 1:3-4; 5:7-8
- In all thy getting, get self-control. 1Thess 5:15; Rom. 12:14-19.
- In all thy getting, get Joy and Happiness, 1 Thess.5:16
- In all thy getting, get prayer habits. 1 Thess.5:17; James 5:16
- In all thy getting, get thanksgiving. 1 Thess. 5:18 ; 1 Thess.5:18
- In all thy getting, get Biblical convictions. 1 Thess. 5:19
- In all thy getting, get Bible Preaching. 1 Thess. 5:20
- In all thy getting, get steadfastness. 1 Thess. 5:21
- In all thy getting, get a good testimony. 1 Thess. 5:22
- Finally, in 1 Thess. 5:23-24, with all thy getting, God will give you sanctification and He will "preserve you blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is He that calleth you, who also will do it." Hebrews 6:1 states, "Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection: not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God."